Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Too much beauty not to share

I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright. ~Henry David Thoreau


As I build a new life in the Pacific Northwest, stresses and worries and an ever-growing list of things that must be done keep me flitting to and fro.

Then I lift my head.

Everywhere I look, there is the calming green of trees, the vibrant spontaneity of colorful wildflowers, the tranquil waters of the Puget Sound and Commencement Bay and dozens of creeks and rivers I haven't put a name to yet.

I've decided there is too much beauty here to waste my time fretting over how things will unfold. And there is so much beauty that I want to share it with all of you.

And so, the blog will track my path as I discover the treasures of the wilderness and learn about my new hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment